Quick Look back at last weeks picks first – QB’s should score over/under 15, RB/WR’s over/under 10, TE’s over/under 8 and Defense over 8.
UPs that were UP were – Schaub – 19.88 pts, Freeman – 16.76 pts, Benson – 10.6 pts, M. Williams – 11.5 pts, O. Daniels – 13.2 pts and Arizona D – 12 pts.
UPs that were OUT – Green-Ellis – 7.4 and Dallas D – 4 points.
UPs went 6-2 …looks good so far…but wait
OUTs that were OUT – Seahawks D – 5 points – ouch.
OUTs that were UP – Cutler 21 pts, RGIII 23.22 pts, C. Johnson – 15.7 pts, Charles – 19.5 pts, Richardson – 16.4 pts and Marshall – 19.5 pts.
(Nicks dnp) OUTs – 1-6
Week 4 total 7-8 Season Total – 26-18 at 59%
Week 5 UPs and OUTs –
1. Christian Ponder – A little banged up but he has been efficient and has a tasty match-up against the Titans who allow the most points to QB’s
2. R. Tannehill – Getting into a rhythm with Bess and Hartline and has a decent opportunity against the Bengals.
3. C. Benson – Pack should have the lead against Indy and might have a short field to work with when Woodson picks Luck like he does every other rookie QB he faces.
4. R. Matthews – Chargers have a juicy match-up against New Orleans and despite missing the goal line work and start last week he should pick up plenty of yards, assuming he doesn’t fumble early.
5. R. Wayne – Coming off a bye he should get plenty targets as Luck tries to keep up with Rodgers.
6. G. Little – Going to make a splash in New York as the Browns main target against an off and on Giants secondary.
7.Kyle Rudolph – Tennessee can be scored on and they have been poor against the tight end.
Bonus – Minnesota Defense – Matt Hassleback forced back into action is enough to make them good.
1. Cam Newton – If they struggle running against a tough Seattle front seven he will be in for a long day.
2. Michael Vick – Pittsburgh is coming off a bye and will be in full attack mode.
3. Mo Jones-Drew – Going to see a stacked box against the Bears who have been third best against the run this year.
4. B. Green-Ellis – Miami has been the best against the run and there is little flashy about the suddenly fumble prone Green-Ellis.
5. Steve Smith – Carolina isn’t throwing much and he will be in a tussle or two with Browner before the day is done.
6. A. Johnson – The Jets come home after a rough day vs San Fran and Cromartie will be all over Andre and his tight hamstring.
7. A. Gates – Despite every other position dominating the Saints, they have been good against the tight end.
8. Atlanta Defense – They have been solid but the Redskins only have two turnovers in four games.